Creating a market of its own, Delta-8 THC has undoubtedly risen to stardom to become yet another bit of hemp’s success story. The cannabis species first gained its claim to fame in 600 BCE, with hemp rope being used in southern Russia. Then U.S. founders used hemp paper to write drafts of The Declaration of Independence in 1776. And also, when the USDA initiated the “Hemp for Victory” program that led to more than 150,000 acres of hemp production in 1942. There was no more significant achievement for the unique plant than the 2018 Farm Bill, which removed the hemp plant and any of its seeds and derivatives from the Controlled Substances Act.
Hemp has come a long way, endured a treacherous journey, and in this modern era, it is finally receiving the notoriety it deserves. Still, it isn’t just the tough hemp fibers that are gaining the attention; it is also the beneficial chemical compounds that exist within every plant. Cannabidiol (CBD) was the first cannabinoid to make hemp publicly acceptable, and now the roles are reversed, making Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) acceptable in the form of Delta-8 THC.
What Is Delta-8 THC?
Delta-8 THC is one of the top four most common cannabinoids in the cannabis plant, out of more than one hundred that exist. It is a psychoactive compound that interacts with the body’s internal Endocannabinoid System, and only occurs in tiny concentrations, yet provides valuable benefits and effects. Delta-8 is an isomer of CBD and is, however, another cannabinoid found in the hemp plant. For this reason, Delta-8 is federally legal in the United States.
Benefits of Delta-8 THC
Delta-8 THC has always been a cannabinoid that doesn’t get the attention it deserves. It occurs in cannabis in minimal amounts and must endure a conversion process even to obtain large quantities of it. It also doesn’t the high potency level of its relative, Delta-9 THC, and it doesn’t quite deliver the incredible number of benefits that CBD offers, so you can somewhat see why Delta-8 is treated like the third-wheel for most of its existence.
Times are changing, however, and people are beginning to see Delta-8 THC for what it truly has to offer. Here are the benefits of Delta-8 THC:
- Though Delta-8 THC is a psychoactive compound, it delivers a more tolerable high due to its lower potency levels compared to Delta-9 THC.
- It is more suitable for recreational use than Delta-9 THC.
- Numerous users that Delta-8 THC offers a more clear-headed high.
- While psychoactive, Delta-8 THC is the only cannabinoid that will deliver a “high” legally.
- You experience fewer side effects than using Delta-9. It has been reported on multiple occasions, as well as research showing that subjects experienced less paranoia and anxiety compared to Delta-9.
- Delta-8 THC may stimulate your appetite even more than it does with the use of Delta-9 THC.
Additionally, Delta-8 THC has also been reported to increase good times, help you mellow out more than Delta-9 THC. It is great to take when you get time to yourself and you just want to unwind. One of the best products to use, which includes our Delta-8 THC Cartridges.